Here’s a sizable update to The Aurora Wager, bringing it up to version 3!
Please consider purchasing and or donating to Volo Airsport (our other game) to support development of both titles. Thanks, and enjoy!
Go to the Downloads Page to get the game!
- Fixed catastrophic wind bug near North Pole, it can now actually be reached
- Wind is a lot more versatile
- Intensity and direction vary more as you get closer to the North Pole* Makes navigation more interesting, and quite a bit harder
- All physical objects are now affected by the wind. (Yes, even you!)
- Balloon weights and aerodynamics have been tweaked
- It now falls faster
- Its ropes have less dampening to them
- Burner rates and efficiencies have been tweaked
- Small burner is slow but steady
- Medium and big burn faster, at lower efficiencies
- Can now lift off without having to hop
- Added gauges
- Vertical velocity
- Balloon temperature
- The opposite side of the gondola now also features these gauges
- Held items are now displayed slightly more towards the center of the screen
- Cloud layer death zone is now higher
- Various low-level optimizations
- Drag now respects rigidbody sleep velocity
- Added application icon
- Fixed item spawning on islands sometimes being disabled
- Significantly reduced amount of fuel in canisters
- Fixed burner effects still playing when out of fuel
For those wondering what I’m doing working on this instead of Volo Airsport: Please try the game! There is considerable overlap in both the concepts (well, how I’ve planned them anyway), and in the technology that makes them tick. A lot of stuff is cross-compatible!